The high school course of study is designed to develop the learning skills, in all subject areas, in preparation for college.
THE COURSE OF STUDY IS AS FOLLOWS:
As of April 2010, the state of Florida requires that the following requirements be met in order for a student to graduate from high school:
- 4 credits English
- 4 credits Mathematics (one of which must be Algebra I or its equivalent, Geometry or its equivalent, and Algebra II)
- 3 credits Science(two of which must have lab, Biology and Chemistry or Physics)
- 3 credits Social Studies(1 credit World History, 1 credit American History, .5 credit Government and .5 credit Economics)
- 1 credit Fine Arts or Performing Arts(may include speech and debate, or practical arts)
- 1 credit Physical Education(to include the integration of health)
- 8 credits Electives
- Must take at least one of the required courses online through the virtual education program.
- 2 credits Foreign Language(Not required for high school graduation, but required for admission into state universities)