The high school course of study is designed to develop the learning skills, in all subject areas, in preparation for college.
High School Reading Packet
THE COURSE OF STUDY IS AS FOLLOWS:
As of April 2010, the state of Florida requires that the following requirements be met in order for a student to graduate from high school:
- 4 credits English
- 4 credits Mathematics (one of which must be Algebra I or its equivalent, Geometry or its equivalent, and Algebra II)
- 3 credits Science(two of which must have lab, Biology and Chemistry or Physics)
- 3 credits Social Studies(1 credit World History, 1 credit American History, .5 credit Government and .5 credit Economics)
- 1 credit Fine Arts or Performing Arts(may include speech and debate, or practical arts)
- 1 credit Physical Education(to include the integration of health)
- 8 credits Electives
- Must take at least one of the required courses online through the virtual education program.
- 2 credits Foreign Language(Not required for high school graduation, but required for admission into state universities)